Tuesday 2 August 2016

Mangoes are Sweeter This Season

This is not an educative or an awareness post. Maybe its more than one....

    Diabetic kids occupy a big chunk of my Pediatric Endocrinology practice .. and my heart and soul. There isn't a day that passes without me playing their pancreas and teaching their parents to play the same role. Challenging as it is, it has its own share of sweet rewards something i ve experienced this mango season.
                          Emotion is a really big part of Childhood diabetic care and one emotion thats so strong in kids I ve realised is the desire to eat a mango.... You wont appreciate it untill u meet a kid who cant eat one. 

But this season has been different. Families who have learnt advanced carbohydrate counting are seeing a joy they missed for years together, the joy of their tiny tots devouring mangoes and still having their blood sugars under control... I meet diabetic kids who love me now for I let them eat mangoes and their parents who often have tears of joy when they tell me this is the first season after years that they have brought mangoes to their house and hence themselves eaten them after years

Children with diabetes need not miss out on the sweet delicacies of life.
 All they need to learn is how to balance insulin with food. 
                                                                                                    whatever food it may be.. 



and now everytime I eat a mango myself, the reminiscence of all these kids makes them taste sweeter.......



happy to help :-)

Dr Uppal


3 comments:

  1. true sir, thanks to you to allow mangoes to enter in houses of diabetic

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was really a mangoful article which indeed a truth for many

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was really a mangoful article which indeed a truth for many

    ReplyDelete